I told y'all I was going to do it. I was going to make a rabbit hutch from a pallet my Daddy had saved for me. Well, I finished it on Friday and I'm ready to show you. It still has a little bit of work left on it, such as doors and a couple of tiny holes to fill in to keep the bunnies from getting out. But, for the most part, it's d-o-n-e! The only parts that I used that weren't from the pallet were the wire (that stuff can be nasty! Be sure to always wear gloves when handling it), 4x4 scraps for the legs, a sheet of left over wood for the divider, and the metal for the roof. I am so excited about how this turned out! I can't wait to get our bunny operation started! 

So, from a deconstructed pallet...


There you have it! My week's project! All it needs is some bunnies! I've got one coming soon from a former student. That little girl and her mama are superb backyard homesteaders so I know I'll be getting a good rabbit to start with! Can't wait! Once I have my pair, I'm hoping for some yummy offspring. Of course, I'll be reading plenty until then. I've already been reading about the butchering, etc. and let me tell you, it makes my stomach turn... but I can do it! I hope. If not, that's what Mister is for. Hee hee! Oh, and don't forget to check out all the other homesteading awesomeness on the Monday Barn Hop! The Barn Hop makes me love Monday! HA!